21-23 October 2009
Extended abstracts of 800 - 1,200 words are invited for e-2009. The conference language is English and abstracts should be for technical papers, business case studies or visionary papers within the scope of the conference. Abstracts should be submitted on the conference portal by 27th February 2009.
Authors who require a few extra days to finalise their extended abstracts can apply for an extension up to 09 March.
Your abstract should provide a clear overview of your proposed paper using the following headings:
- Introduction - Issues to be addressed
- Objectives of your paper
- Methodology Used
- Technology or Business Case Description
- Conclusions and Summary Recommendations
It should focus on a research topic on which a case study, initial or final results can be published. All papers must highlight the level of innovation. General project descriptions are not appropriate.
It is a condition of submitting an abstract that (a) authors act on feedback and comments provided by the International Programme Committee (IPC) to ensure high quality conference proceedings, (b) presenters act on feedback provided by their Session Chair to ensure high quality presentations, and (c) presenters register and pay the participant's fee by 30th June, before the papers are sent to the publisher.
Potential authors can submit more than one abstract, but normally an author will not be invited to present more than one paper at the conference, with co-authors expected to register and present other successful submissions.
Following provisional acceptance of abstracts, authors are expected to act on initial feedback provided by the IPC prior to submitting a final draft paper.
Papers and workshop proposals are subject to acceptance at both stages of the double blind peer review process. Final papers and workshop sessions are also subject to editorial review and a quality check.
Steps to submit an extended abstract for eChallenges
1. If you have previously registered on the eChallenges portal, click LOG IN and enter your existing username and password. If you have forgotten your username and password, click on Password Reminder Upon log in, please click Edit Profile to ensure that all your details are up to date.
2. If you have not previously registered on the eChallenges portal, please click NEW USER and complete your contact details. The server will issue you with a username and password by e-mail to allow you to access your personal page. Upon completion of your details, you will automatically be redirected to the abstract submission form.
3. All extended abstracts are double blind reviewed. Please ensure that there are no author details within the text of your abstract prior to uploading it onto the server.
4. If your extended abstract is associated with a workshop proposal, please insert the following details as the first line of your abstract body text: ABSTRACT FOR WORKSHOP SESSION "Enter Workshop Title".
5. Upon submission of your abstract, the server will issue an automated acknowledgement of receipt by e-mail.
6. You can review the abstract submitted via your personal page and update and resubmit it up to the deadline of 27 February. However, once it has been allocated to the IPC, it is no longer possible to resubmit it.
Powered by ConferenceManager