24 - 26 October 2007
The Hague, The Netherlands
eChallenges e-2007 features an Exhibition, which provides the opportunity to showcase research results and applications through technology demonstrations, whether funded commercially or at national, regional or European level. While some space will be offered for posters, most of the Exhibition will be reserved for innovative technology demonstrations.
Potential exhibitors will be selected based on the quality and relevance of their submission to the conference themes, with preference given to those presenting innovative technology demonstrations.
The Exhibition is only open to conference delegates. Exhibitors must man their stands during specific times of the day but during other times are welcome to attend Conference Sessions of interest.
To maximise demonstration and networking opportunities for exhibitors, coffee breaks, lunch and the Networking Cocktail Reception are held in the Exhibition area.
Participation in the Exhibition is rewarding, as it provides an opportunity to make international contacts and to build relationships with potential partners or clients from around the world. Having a demonstration or poster accepted for the eChallenges Exhibition will significantly contribute towards exploitation and dissemination obligations under national, regional and European research programmes. It provides an invaluable platform to develop market awareness and receive user feedback from around the world.
The eChallenges e2007 Organising Committee is subventing the costs associated with exhibition space and furnishings for suitable demonstrations and posters, under a competitive Call for Exhibitors.
There will also be a Dutch National Pavilion in the Exhibition area sponsored by the Ministry of Economic Affairs, showcasing Dutch RTD activities. Dutch organisations interested in participating should also complete the online Exhibition application form but these will be evaluated separately.
Applications are accepted up to 14 July. All applicants that apply online will receive feedback by 21 July, with payment registration due by 31 July. Since the level of competition for available demonstration stands is likely to be high, applicants are advised to clearly state what they are planning to demonstrate and the value add for the conference delegates.
General Terms & Conditions
1. All demonstration stands must be staffed during specific Exhibition times (10:30 - 11:00, 12:30 - 14:00, 15:30 - 16:00 and additionally 17:30 - 20:00 on Wednesday 24 October).
2. All accepted exhibitors (demonstration stand) must register and pay for 2 Conference delegates/presenters.
3. Accepted Dutch Exhibitors will be provided with a sponsored demonstration stand/poster space in the Exhibition. As outlined under Clause 2 Dutch Exhibitors will cover their own conference registration fees.
4. Exhibitors from other countries (outside of the Netherlands) will make a contribution towards the cost of their demonstration stand or poster stand. Exhibitors from Developing countries, New Member States & Associated Candidate Countries will make a contribution of €250 for a stand & €30 for a poster space. Exhibitors from other countries will make
a contribution of €350 for a stand or €30 for a poster space.
5. PCs, monitors and dedicated Internet access are additional items. Each exhibitor is responsible for ordering and paying for such services, if required, with the relevant suppliers.
6. Stand material, posters and literature should be put in place between 14:00 - 20:00 on Tuesday 23 October or before 08:30 on Wednesday 24 October. Nothing should be removed before 15:00 on Friday 26 October. Exhibitors must remove all material from their stands between 16:00 - 18:00 on Friday.
7. Material may be removed if the content or quality is not regarded as suitable by the Organising Committee. No refund will be provided in such circumstances.
8. While the conference will not be open to the general public and the Exhibition area will be locked each evening, the organisers cannot take any responsibility for any losses incurred and organisations should ensure that they have sufficient insurance cover.
Demonstrators can either apply for a demonstration stand, consisting of three vertical panels (2m wide x 2.5m high x 1m deep - usable area: 2,36m high x 0,95m. Wide) or alternatively the equivalent space (2m2) for their own stand-alone stand. A table, chair, spotlight, single electricity socket and panel with the exhibit name (40cm high, 2m wide, suitable for exhibition titles up to 20 letters) will be provided.
In light of the fact that there are a limited number of demonstration stands available, applications should clearly state what will be demonstrated and why it will add value to conference participants.
Wi-Fi access will be available to all exhibitors in the Exhibition area and therefore it is advisable for all PCs to be wireless enabled.
Dedicated Internet access may be ordered on special request and will be charged separately. PCs should be equipped with a LAN network card with an RJ46 Ethernet connection. A technician will be available to help exhibitors during the set up phase on Tuesday 23 October.
Poster Display Panel
Limited Poster Display space is available to disseminate results or provide literature.
Poster panels are 1m wide (usable area: 2,36m high x 0,95m wide) and ideal for AO or A1 portrait orientated posters. All content should be in English. Posters should focus on illustrating or highlighting actual or potential research results.
If you are already registered on the eChallenges portal, please click LOG IN to access the Exhibition Application Form. You can retrieve your password via Password Reminder. It is important that all transactions are saved to one profile per user so please do not register again.
If you do not already have log in details, please click on NEW USER to submit your contact details. Upon submission you will receive a username and password by e-mail to access the portal and will be redirected to the Exhibition Application Form. All accepted exhibitors must complete full payment registration by 31 July.
Powered by ConferenceManager