eChallenges e-2003 features an Exhibition focused on supporting exploitation of IST related research results, whether funded commercially, or by national, regional or European research programmes. To maximise exposure the Exhibition area will be used for refreshments and lunch.
While some space will be available for Posters, most of the exhibition space is reserved for technology demonstrations. Participation provides a valuable platform to develop market awareness and receive feedback from potential clients or partners from around the world.
Having a poster or demonstration accepted for the eChallenges exhibition will significantly contribute towards your exploitation and dissemination obligations under national, regional and European research programmes.
The conference organisers are sponsoring exhibition space this year for suitable posters and demonstrations, assigned based on quality and relevance to the conference themes. Priority will be given to accepted authors to maximise networking opportunities at the conference.
Applications are accepted up to 02 September and all applicants will receive feedback during the week of 08 September 2003.
General Terms & Conditions for Exhibitors
1. All demonstration stands must be staffed during specific exhibition times (10:30 - 11:00, 12:30 - 14:00, 15:30 - 16:00).
2. While there is no charge this year for basic demonstration and poster space, all demonstration and poster presenters must register and pay as conference delegates.
3. PCs, monitors and Internet access are additional items. Each exhibitor is responsible for ordering and paying for such services, if required, with the relevant suppliers.
4. Stand material, posters and literature should be put in place between 14:00 - 20:00 on Tuesday 21 October or before 08:30 on Wednesday 22 October. Nothing should be removed before 15:00 on Friday 24 October. Material left after 16:00 on Friday will be destroyed.
5. Material may be removed if the content or quality is not regarded as suitable by the International Programme Committee.
6. While security staff will be present and the conference will not be open to the public, the organisers cannot take any responsibility for any losses incurred and organisations should ensure that they have sufficient insurance cover.
Demonstrators can either apply for a demonstration stand, consisting of three vertical panels (2m wide x 2.5m high x 1m deep) or alternatively the equivalent space (2m2) for their own stand. A table, chair, spotlight, single 1.2 - 1.5kw electricity socket and panel with the exhibit name (2m wide x 0.3m high) will be provided without charge.
In light of the fact that there are a limited number of demonstration stands available, applications should clearly state what will be demonstrated and why it will add value to conference participants.
Internet access may be ordered (c. 50 euro per ASDL line, including wiring and connectivity). PCs should be equipped with a LAN network card with an RJ46 Ethernet connection. A technician will be available to help exhibitors during the set up phase on Tuesday 21 October.
Poster Display Panel
Limited Poster Display space is available to disseminate results or provide literature.
Poster panels are 1m wide and ideal for A1 landscape (84 x 50 cms) posters. All content should be in English. Posters should focus on illustrating or highlighting actual or potential research results.
PCs can be hired locally if required (normal cost c.75 euro per week). Please contact:
Mr Samuele Spada or Mr Nicola Atteni
WIN Computer Bologna
Tel: +39 051 633 2000
Fax: +39 051 633 1236
If you are already registered on the eChallenges portal, please click Log in to access the Exhibition Application Form.
If you are a new user, please go to the Registration page, click New User and complete your contact details. Upon submission you will receive a username and password by e-mail to access the portal. You do not need to complete payment registration at this stage.
Registration for e-2003 is now closed.