19 - 21 October 2005
eChallenges e-2005 features an Exhibition which provides an opportunity to showcase research results and applications through technology demonstrations and posters, whether funded commercially, or at national, or regional or European level. While some space will be offered for Posters, most of the exhibition space will be reserved for innovative technology demonstrations. Participation in the Exhibition is rewarding, as it provides an opportunity to make international contacts and to build relationships with potential partners or clients from around the world.
Having a demonstration or poster accepted for the eChallenges Exhibition will significantly contribute towards exploitation and dissemination obligations under national, regional and European research programmes. It provides an invaluable platform to develop market awareness and receive user feedback from around the world.
The eChallenges Consortium is sponsoring a limited amount of exhibition space for suitable demonstrations and posters at e-2005, under a competitive Call for Exhibition. Potential exhibitors will be selected based on the quality and relevance of their submission to the conference themes, with preference given to those presenting innovative techhnology demonstrations.
Applications are accepted up to 15 July. All applicants that apply through the public call will receive feedback by 22 July, with payment registration due by 31 July. Since the level of competition for available demonstration stands is likely to be high, applicants are advised to clearly state what they are planning to demonstrate and the value add for the conference delegates.
This year, there will be an Slovenian ICT Pavillion in the Exhibition area, showcasing Slovenian RTD activities. Slovenian organisations interested in participating will go through a different application process and should contact Marusa Damjan email@example.com, Ministry of Higher Education Science and Technology, Directorate for Information Society, Slovenia directly to apply.
General Terms & Conditions for Exhibitors
1. All demonstration stands must be staffed during specific exhibition times (10:30 - 11:00, 12:30 - 14:00, 15:30 - 16:00 and additionally 17:30 - 20:00 on Wednesday 19 October).
2. While there is no charge this year for basic demonstration and poster space, all exhibitors (demonstration stand or poster space) must register and pay as conference delegates.
3. PCs, monitors and Internet access are additional items. Each exhibitor is responsible for ordering and paying for such services, if required, with the relevant suppliers.
4. Stand material, posters and literature should be put in place between 14:00 - 20:00 on Tuesday 18 October or before 08:30 on Wednesday 19 October. Nothing should be removed before 15:00 on Friday 21 October. Exhibitors must remove all material from their stands between 16:00 - 18:00 on Friday.
5. Material may be removed if the content or quality is not regarded as suitable by the International Programme Committee.
6. While security staff will be present and the conference will not be open to the general public, the organisers cannot take any responsibility for any losses incurred and organisations should ensure that they have sufficient insurance cover.
Demonstrators can either apply for a demonstration stand, consisting of three vertical panels (2m wide x 2.5m high x 1m deep - usable area: 2,38m high x 0,95m. Wide) or alternatively the equivalent space (2m2) for their own stand-alone stand. A table, chair, spotlight, single 1.2 - 1.5kw electricity socket and panel with the exhibit name (30cm high, 2m wide, suitable for exhibition titles up to 30 letters) will be provided without charge
In light of the fact that there are a limited number of demonstration stands available, applications should clearly state what will be demonstrated and why it will add value to conference participants.
Internet access may be ordered (c. 41,67 euro per stand, including wiring, connectivity and access to a technician for up to 1 hour). PCs should be equipped with a LAN network card with an RJ46 Ethernet connection. A technician will be available to help exhibitors during the set up phase on Tuesday 18 October.
Poster Display Panel
Limited Poster Display space is available to disseminate results or provide literature.
Poster panels are 1m wide (usable area: 2,38m high x 0,95m wide) and ideal for A1 landscape (84 x 50 cms) posters. All content should be in English. Posters should focus on illustrating or highlighting actual or potential research results.
If you are already registered on the eChallenges portal, please click Log in to access the Exhibition Application Form.
If you are a new user, please go to the Registration page, click New User and complete your contact details. Upon submission you will receive a username and password by e-mail to access the portal. You do not need to complete payment registration at this stage but all accepted exhibitors must complete payment registration by 31 July.
Powered by FactManager
Copyright 2002-2004 eChallenges