Extended abstracts are invited for e-2005. The conference language is
English and abstracts should be for technical papers, business case studies
or visionary papers within the scope of the conference. Extended abstracts
of 800 - 1,200 words must be registered online by 28th February 2005.
Your abstract should provide a clear overview of your proposed paper using
the following headings:
Introduction - Issues to be addressed
Objectives of your paper
Technology or Business Case Description
Conclusions and Summary Recommendations
It should focus on a research topic on which a case study, initial or final results can be published. General project descriptions are not appropriate. All papers must highlight the level of innovation.
Please refer to thematic priorities
and paper types for further
It is a condition of submitting an abstract that (a) authors act on
feedback and comments provided by the International Programme Committee
(IPC) to ensure high quality conference proceedings, (b) presenters act on
feedback provided by their Session Chair to ensure high quality
presentations, and (c) presenters register and pay the participant's fee by
30 June 2005, before the papers are sent to the publisher.
Following provisional acceptance of abstracts, authors are expected to act
on initial feedback provided by the IPC prior to submitting a draft paper.
Final papers and workshop sessions are also subject to editorial review and a quality check.
Steps to submit an extended abstract for eChallenges
- If you have previously registered on the eChallenges portal, click LOG IN and enter your existing username and password. If you have forgotten your username and password, click on Password Reminder. Upon log in, please click Edit Profile to ensure that all your details are up to date.
- If you have not previously registered on the eChallenges portal, please click NEW USER and complete your contact details. The server will issue you with a username and password by e-mail to allow you to access your personal page.
Upon completion of your details, you will automatically be redirected to the abstract submission form.
- All extended abstracts are double blind reviewed. Please ensure that there are no author details within the text of your abstract prior to uploading it onto the server.
- If your extended abstract is associated with a workshop proposal, please insert the following details as the first line of your abstract body text: ABSTRACT FOR WORKSHOP SESSION "Enter Workshop Title".
- Upon submission of your abstract, the server will issue an automated acknowledgement of receipt by e-mail.
- You can review the abstract submitted via your personal page and update and resubmit it up to the deadline of 28 February. However, once it has been allocated to the IPC, it is no longer possible to resubmit it.